The Resident HubTM online portal enhances the learning experience of ophthalmology residents with high-quality resources like videos, courses and self-assessment exams.
The Resident Hub includes resources such as:
- Basic courses in all subspecialties, built by the Committee for Resident Education
- Content you choose from the Ophthalmic News and Education (ONE)™ Network
- Videos from Academy DVDs
- Basic coding courses from AAOE
- Practice management modules on more than 20 topics from BSM Consulting
- Glaucoma modules from Eyemaginations
- Phacoemulsification and vitreoretinal surgery videos from EyeMovies
- Dozens of Focal Points modules
- Clinical skills modules from JCAHPO
- More than 4,000 Academy questions for building custom assessments
- Shared content from other respected residency programs
- Easy reporting tools
- And more!
Program Directors: With The Resident Hub you decide how much time you want to spend! Residents have full access to all of the resources in the course catalog without them needing to be assigned. If you want to share custom content with your residents, you can use the simple multimedia course builder or add selections from the ONE Network with the click of a button. Easy assessment- and report-building tools give you the ability to efficiently facilitate, track and measure resident activities and progress. The Resident Hub staff provides you with full support, including and live webinars every week for training, demonstrations and feedback.
Residents: Once your program subscribes to The Resident Hub, you will have access to a wealth of vetted ophthalmic resources – no more getting lost in Internet search engine results and wondering whether what you found is correct. Many activities include pre- and post-tests that give you instant feedback so you can quickly see your results and track your progress.
Get a sneak peak: View presentation (Webinar | PDF | PPTX) for:
- Previews of the course catalog, program-director views and resident views
- Demonstrations of making assignments, running reports, building assessments and more
Preview a demonstration version of The Resident Hub:
Click here for the Program Director view
Click here for the Resident view
Preview an example course available on The Resident Hub:
Click here for the Wrong Site/Wrong IOL Performance Improvement Course.
Description: The objective of the Wrong Site/Wrong IOL course is to minimize the incidence of preventable surgical errors regarding surgical site (e.g., wrong eye) and surgical procedure (e.g., wrong intraocular lens implant). This activity provides clinical guidelines and a reenactment of real scenarios where errors can occur. This course is HTML5 based and can be used on PC/Mac and all major tablets.
Learn more: Sign up for e-mail updates. Send requests and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add value to your ophthalmology resident program:
For US and Canadian programs: Complete the US order form and return with payment. For questions about subscribing, call Member Services at 866.561.8558.
For international programs: Complete the international order form and return with payment. For questions about subscribing, email email@example.com.